At Tyrone International Ltd. we are driving rapid change in the aggregates, materials processing and waste recycling sectors, delivering lower total cost of ownership to our customer and partners and the wider construction, mining, waste and recycling industries.
We are recruiting a Field Installation Engineer to join our growing team. This is a UK nationwide and field-based role providing installation and maintenance. The successful candidate will travel to customers’ sites, ensuring the successful commissioning, installation and operations of Tyrone International washing plants and water treatment systems. Join us and define the future of aggregates and waste recycling
Job Title: Field Installation Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Installations & Service of Aggregate Wash Plants
Area: Field-Based National Role, UK
Responsible To: Line Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience, paid monthly based on 45 hrs per week
Overtime Opportunity: Paid at £24 per hour
Tyrone International Ltd.
The primary focus of the role is to provide installation and maintenance services by travelling to customers’ sites, ensuring the successful commissioning, installation and operations of Tyrone International plant equipment. The right candidate will have the skills necessary to carry out machine and plant inspections and produce detailed mechanical reports listing defects and replacement parts required. The role is national in scope, operating from our base at Hartshill Quarry near Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
Join our growing and dynamic team dedicated to changing the game in washing plant, aggregates and recycling.
Primary job function
- Responsible for the servicing & maintenance of aggregate washing plants
- Refurbishment of used machines.
- Ordering of parts to complete scheduled servicing and machine breakdowns.
- Collection & submission of warranty information.
- Assist on-site with plant installations & service support of aggregate wash plants and water treatment systems.
- Provide excellent service to customers at all times by exceeding expectations.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and build good working relationships with the customers.
- Responsible for following and implementing company Health & Safety procedures.
- Customer service in all areas.
In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take a proactive approach to learning about the equipment you are working on and understanding the operating process.
- Liaise with the lead engineer to ensure installations proceed efficiently.
- Highlight and chase any missing parts.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
- Read and review plans, specifications, and other documentation to prepare for start-up or service.
- Build customer relationships in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with all departments to ensure problems are resolved quickly.
- Provide written service & expense reports to line manager on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair.
- Work closely with your line manager to ensure site work is carried out in the required order for completion by the required timeline.
- Carry out machine and plant inspections and produce detailed mechanical reports listing defects and replacement parts required.
- Carry out refurbishment of used equipment to the agreed specification and standard.
- Perform all required welding and gas cutting activities on-site.
- Load and unload trailers when required.
- Highlight continuous improvement opportunities to generate cost savings, improved installation methods and process improvements.
- Collate and provide detailed information for warranty claims as soon as they occur and submit to the office.
- Highlight required training.
Health & Safety
- Ensure you carry out all your work safely.
- Ensure you have the appropriate H&S paper work in place prior to starting a job.
- Ensure you wear the appropriate PPE at all times and follow site rules.
- Ensuring a safe working environment is maintained throughout all installations.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to your line manager.
- Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure.
- Ensure all are calibrated in good working order and all electrical tools have a valid PAT.
Outer duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients (external and internal).
- Follow up with clients, when necessary to ensure they are satisfied.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of paperwork.
- Keep all tools tidy and in good working condition.
- Keep your van tidy and clean at all times.
- Maintain a valid driving licence.
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Keep training records and certificates up to date.
- Maintain a clean and professional image while at work.
- Participate in training opportunities as determined by the company.
We would like you to have or obtain the following training tickets:
- Safety Passport.
- CSCS Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
- Slinger banksman.
- Appointed Person.
- Telescopic handler.
- Mobile Elevated Working Platform.
- Abrasive wheels.
- Site supervisor.
Required Education & Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a field service position working on heavy equipment
- Must have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Word and Excel for reports and time-keeping records.
- Strong time management skills and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Preferred knowledge in mechanical, electrical or hydraulics.
Work Environment Demands
You must be willing to work varied hours, including the ability to work evenings and occasional weekends if required, as well as be willing to stay away from home during the week if required.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
While performing duties of this job you would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to sit for long periods.
• Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools required on the job.
• Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of a machine to exact positions.
• Must be able to quickly respond to a signal when it appears.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20kg.
• Specific vision abilities required include vision, distance vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.
The above description is not an exhaustive list and may be added to as your role progresses over time.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 16 December 2022.